annaTengwar alphabet. It is the third letter of the sixth grade or Tyellë, which contains "semi-vocalic" consonants and it is the fifth letter in the third series of consonants. This letter is commonly used for consonantal Y, except in the Mode of Beleriand. As seen in the West-gate of Moria inscription, Anna in this "full writing" mode is used for O. The Westron name for this letter is Yé.
- Annatar = "Lord of Gifts"
- Andor (anna+ndórë) = "Land of Gift"
- Eruanna = "God's Grace"
- Yavanna = "Giver of Gifts (Fruits)"
 See also
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix E, "Writing", "The Fëanorian Letters", Note, The names of the letters
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix E, "Writing", "The Fëanorian Letters"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Fellowship of the Ring, "A Journey in the Dark"
- ↑ See Westron Tengwar
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Lost Road and Other Writings, Part Three: "The Etymologies", ANA(1)-