|"At Tarn Aeluin" by Ted Nasmith|
|Location||Eastern Dorthonion, south-west of Ladros|
|Description||A lake of clear waters with wild heaths about it|
|People and History|
|Events||Massacre at Tarn Aeluin|
|Gallery||Images of Tarn Aeluin|
- "But the waters of Tarn Aeluin were held in reverence, for they were clear and blue by day and by night were a mirror for the stars..."
- ― Quenta Silmarillion, "Of Beren and Lúthien"
Aeluin, sometimes referred to as Tarn Aeluin, was a clear blue mountain lake in the eastern highlands of Dorthonion, southwest of Ladros. It was situated among wild heather hills, themselves surrounded by trackless and uninhabited forests and highland plains of heather.
 Other versions of the legendarium
According to the text in "The Complaint of Mîm the Dwarf", it is implied that Mîm, one of the last Petty-dwarves, used to live near Tarn Aeluin until Men came and drove him out, stealing his belongings in the process.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Quenta Silmarillion: Of Beren and Lúthien"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Map of Beleriand and the Lands to the North"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Morgoth's Ring, "Part Four. Athrabeth Finrod ah Andreth", p. 325
- ↑ Klett- Cotta: Das erste Jahrzehnt 1977-1987: Ein Almanach, "Mîms Klage", pp. 302 - 5