- 20 - The second The One Ring Celebration is held in Pasadena.
- 31 - In Elven Lands is released.
- ? - Amon Hen 197 is published.
- 4 - Previews of The Lord of the Rings Musical open in Toronto.
- 19 - Death of Wi Kuki Kaa, actor originally cast as Ghân-buri-Ghân in The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.
- ? - Vinyar Tengwar 47 is published.
- 2 - The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II is published.
- 17 - Bob Papenbrook, who voiced Théoden and Gimli in the video game The Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring, dies.
- 23 - The Lord of the Rings Musical at Toronto has its press opening.
- 31 - The Lord of the Rings 1954-2004: Scholarship in Honor of Richard E. Blackwelder is published.
- ? - Amon Hen 198 is published.
- 7 - The Tolkien Ensemble publish their collected work, Complete Songs and Poems.
- 11 - Fellowship!, an independent musical parody of The Lord of the Rings, wins the LA Weekly Theater Award for Musical of the Year.
- 9 - A Tolkienian Mathomium is published.
- 19 - The Ring of Words is published.
- ? - Amon Hen 199 is published.
- 1 - Tolkien Studies: Volume 3 is published.
- 11 - Tim Hildebrandt, one of the renowned brothers Hildebrandt, dies.
- 1-4 - The Gathering of the Fellowship 2006 takes place in Toronto.
- 2 - Pieter Collier is awarded the 1st Annual Northeast Tolkien Society Imperishable Flame Award 2006 for his immense collection.
- 13 - The Lord of the Rings: The White Council is anounced.
- 14-16 - Tolkien Thing VIII.
- 28-30 - ELF 2006.
- 29 - The Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game: Legions of Middle-earth is published.
- ? - Amon Hen 200 is published.
- 4-7 - Mythcon 37.
- 21-25 - The Oxford Tolkien Conference at Exeter College, Oxford.
- ? - Mallorn 44 is published.
- 11 - Translator William Auld dies.
- 15-17 - Oxonmoot 2006.
- 18 - Children of Húrin is announced.
- 26 - Fantasy novel Here, There Be Dragons, featuring J.R.R. Tolkien as a fictional character, is published.
- 29 - Tolkien and Modernity 1 and Tolkien and Modernity 2 are published.
- ? - Amon Hen 201 is published.
- 10 - J.R.R. Tolkien Encyclopedia: Scholarship and Critical Assessment is published.
- 6 - Peter Jackson: A Film-maker's Journey is published.
- 10-12 - Ring*Con 2006.
- 21 - The RiffTrax commentary of The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is released online.
- 27 - Anthony Jackson, the Tale Bearer in the 1968 radio series of The Hobbit, dies.
- ? - Amon Hen 202 is published.
- ? - Vinyar Tengwar 48 is published.
- ? - Audiobooks of The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King, read by Rob Inglis, are published.
2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009