Third Age 2510
Notable events in this year include:
Within this year
- 10 Cirion sends the first messengers to the Éothéod.
- 25 Borondir delivers Cirion's plea for help to Eorl the Young.
March - April
- 6 Eorl the Young and his éoherë set out for Gondor.
- 15 A Gondorian army moves north and fights the Balchoth north of the Limlight; a horde of Orcs from the Misty Mountains surrounds them. Eorl the Young comes to their aid and wins the victory of the Field of Celebrant.
- The Oaths of Cirion and Eorl the Young are spoken; Calenardhon is ceded to the Éothéod and becomes the Kingdom of Rohan.
- Eorl the Young returns to the North; he brings the Rohirrim to settle in Calenardhon.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Cirion and Eorl and the Friendship of Gondor and Rohan"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion", "The Stewards"