|Map of Khand and neighbouring regions|
|Location||South-east of Mordor|
Little is known about Khand or its people, other than that they were allied to Mordor.
The people of Khand and of Rhûn seemed to have been enemies on and off throughout the ages. The Easterlings known as the Wainriders passed south of Mordor and made an alliance with the men of Khand and of Near Harad. In T.A. 1944 they made a coordinated attack against Gondor.
- Map of Khand by Sampsa Rydman at 
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "The West of Middle-earth at the End of the Third Age" [map]
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "The Battle of the Pelennor Fields"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "Cirion and Eorl and the Friendship of Gondor and Rohan", "(i) The Northmen and the Wainriders"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion", entry for King Ondoher
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "II. The Appendix on Languages", carbon copy of typescript F4, p. 79.