|Location||above Khazad-dûm, south of Caradhras and Fanuidhol, on the border between Eriador and Rhovanion|
|Belongs to||the Misty Mountains|
|Other names||Silvertine (Westron), Zirakzigil (Khuzdul)|
|Etymology||Celebdil: celeb - silver, dil - horn|
Zirakzigil: zirak - spike, zigil - silver
|Events||final struggle between Gandalf and Durin's Bane|
|Gallery||Images of Zirakzigil|
Celebdil was the southernmost of the Mountains of Moria and the Endless Stair led from the deepest halls of Khazad-dûm up to Durin's Tower on the peak of the mountain. There the final battle between Gandalf and Durin's Bane took place.
Silvertine contains tine, "spike, sharp horn".
Portrayal in adaptations
- Zirakzigil makes an appearance during Gandalf's fight with the Balrog.
- Players are able to visit the cliffs of Zirakzigil, where the body of Durin's Bane now resides. Also, a large area of the mines is dubbed as Silvertine Lodes - due to being located below the Silvertine.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers, "The White Rider"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Silmarillion, "Appendix: Elements in Quenya and Sindarin Names", entries celeb and til
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, "Nomenclature of The Lord of the Rings" in Wayne G. Hammond and Christina Scull (eds), The Lord of the Rings: A Reader's Companion, p. 775