Third Age 1975
Notable events in this year include:
- Having learned from Aranarth about King Arvedui, Cirdan send an elven ship to Forochel to rescue him.
- Long winter, the ice of the north didn't break yet.
- Arvedui drowned in the Icebay of Forochel.
- The palantíri of Annúminas and Amon Sûl are lost. The Ring of Barahir stays with the chief of the Lossoth.
- Angmar War: Eärnur brings a fleet to Lindon.
- The Host of the West is assembled; Glorfindel with a force from Rivendell joins them.
- The Witch-king defeated at the Battle of Fornost. He is pursued to the Ettenmoors where Eärnur fails to fight him. He vanishes from the North.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Eriador, Arnor, and the Heirs of Isildur"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion"