Second Age 1800
Notable events in this year include:
- Birth of Tar-Atanamir, son of Tar-Ciryatan.
- From about this time onward the Númenóreans begin to establish dominions on the coasts of Middle-earth.
- Sauron secretly extends his power eastwards.
- The shadow falls on Númenor.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), Unfinished Tales, "The Line of Elros: Kings of Númenor", entry XVIII Tar-Atanamir
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Second Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "X. Of Dwarves and Men", "Notes", #35