Founded in 1967, the Mythopoeic Society is a non-profit international literary and educational organization for the study, discussion, and enjoyment of fantastic and mythic literature, especially the works of J.R.R. Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and Charles Williams. Membership in the Mythopoeic Society is open to all scholars, writers and readers of these literatures.
- Mythlore: main journal of the society, includes peer-reviewed articles on mythic and fantastic works.
- Mythprint: newsletter with notices of activities of the society, book reviews and articles.
- The Mythic Circle: collection of original fiction and poetry.
The Mythopoetic Society promotes several awards devoted to the mythopoietic ideas, including both the literary creation and the scholarship studies:
- Alexei Kondratiev Award for the best Student Paper
- Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Adult Literature
- Mythopoeic Fantasy Award for Children’s Literature
- Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Inklings Studies
- Mythopoeic Scholarship Award in Myth and Fantasy Studies