Hi! As I see Tolkien Gateway has currently some active members, I was wondering if you would be interested on having a Discord server for the wiki. I think Discord is the best plataform to replace the old Chat, but if someone proposes other social network (a Facebook group for example), we can talk about it here. The forums and the talkpages are pretty good, but I think all of you will agree that communication could be better in many cases. If some people agree, I'll create a server, and if Mith allows me, I'll make it official and include it in the Chat article.
Btw, for those who are wondering about it, I know that a year ago I said I was leaving the wiki, but finally my life is kinda set with a proper job, so now I can get more involved with the wiki. --LorenzoCB 10:42, 22 October 2021 (UTC)
- I completely agree with having a Discord server. Not only can we more easily review recently edited articles (in threads), we can also discuss new ideas and conflicting opinions. The server can also serve as a more easily passable gateway for new readers of the Wiki, letting them in on the current projects of the active editors. As the head of the administration team of the Unquendor Discord server, I am familiar with the formation and administration of Discord servers, thus if there is need of another moderator, I am happy to help! --Quirinius 13:46, 22 October 2021 (UTC)
- I feel that a Discord server would be very useful in improving communication amongst editors and perhaps be a better format for new members to gain confidence or ask questions before contributing. Discord is designed in such a way that it is a good place to invite and gather other knowledgeable Tolkien fans in order to promote the Gateway and try to keep it active.
- I am very glad to see you are sticking around Lorenzo. JR Snow 14:29, 2 November 2021 (UTC)
- Only two people agrees so far, but I think I'll go ahead and give it a try. Anyone else wishes to say something about the topic?--LorenzoCB 14:43, 5 December 2021 (UTC)
- I think it could be a good idea. The wiki used to have an IRC and Discord has mostly replaced IRC as the go-to chat platform for online communities. Even if there aren't too many users at first, it could help coordinate and organize things between some active editors. --Oromë 15:32, 13 December 2021 (UTC)
 New server
Here is the invitation link for the new Discord server: http://discord.gg/K2axwRJ3. Feel free to comment your proposals in the #feedback channel. If things go well, I'll include a link in the Chat article in the near future and ask Mith to make it official. --LorenzoCB 17:58, 13 December 2021 (UTC)