Tolkien Gateway

Forum:Usage of "Tolkien scholar(s)"

Tolkien Gateway > Forums > Usage of "Tolkien scholar(s)"

We (or perhaps mostly I) have often used the phrase "Tolkien scholar" to denote an author who has published large and/or important studies on Tolkien's life and works. However, I feel it's (1) a bit clumpsy to use this description when several such highly regarded authors are discussed in the same article, and (2) it's an unofficial term which — although in some cases being evident — in some cases could be open for discussion. Since this is a hyperlinked wiki — wouldn't it be better to just use names (with no title or designation)?--Morgan 23:52, 16 December 2016 (UTC)

I'm a bit lost here. Is it the category you don't like, or just the phrase? --Mith (Talk/Contribs/Edits) 20:52, 29 December 2016 (UTC)