Crossings of Erui
|Crossings of Erui|
|Events||Battle of the Crossings of Erui|
Some fifty miles south of Minas Tirith, the main road to Pelargir crossed the river Erui. In the Kin-strife of T.A. 1447, Eldacar battled Castamir the Usurper at the crossing. Eldacar won and killed his foe, but many Gondorians fell that day.
 Portrayal in adaptations
2015: The Lord of the Rings Online:
- The Crossings of Erui were found in Eastern Gondor, and connected Upper Lebennin to Lossarnach. During the War of the Ring, the ford was haunted by ancient Gondorian armour animated by water under the command of the angry River-maid the Lone Lady, preventing the invading Haradrim from crossing. The Lone Lady animated the long-lost armour of Castamir himself before being calmed by her sisters.
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, Christopher Tolkien (ed.), The Peoples of Middle-earth, "The Heirs of Elendil"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King, "Map of Rohan, Gondor, and Mordor"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix B, "The Third Age"
- ↑ J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings, Appendix A, "The Númenorean Kings", "Gondor and the Heirs of Anárion"