- 3 - The Peruvian Tolkien Society is founded.
- 17 - Richard E. Blackwelder, Tolkien collector, dies.
- ? - Other Hands 31/32 is published.
- 30- The parody book The Roadkill of Middle Earth is published.
- 31 - Tyalie Tyelellieva issue 17 is published.
- 6 - Decipher publishes the first set of "Decipher Cards", The Fellowship of the Ring.
- 9 - Translator Tore Zetterholm dies.
- 10 - The premiere of the first episode of the Slovak radio serial adaptation Pán prsteňov.
- 19 - Meditations on Middle-earth is published.
- 27 - Music Inspired by Middle Earth, a musical album featuring many artists, including David Arkenstone, is released.
- 29 - Quest for the Ring airs on FOX TV.
- ? - Finding God in The Lord of the Rings is published.
- 4 - The documentary Master of the Rings is released.
- 10 - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring premieres in Odeon Leicester Square, London.
- 15 - Tyalie Tyelellieva issue 18 is published.
- 15 - Conclusion of the first series (season) of the Slovak radio serial adaptation Pán prsteňov.
- 19 - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring is released in cinemas world-wide.
- ? - Tolkien: Man and Myth is published.
1998 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004