- You may also be looking for Third Age 1950.
- 10 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes letters 125 and 126.
- 10 - Stephen Oliver is born.
- 18 - Brad Dourif, who would play Gríma Wormtongue in The Lord of the Rings (film series), is born.
- 14 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 127.
- ? - After Stanley Unwin's refusal of publishing the Lord of the Rings, Professor Tolkien went to Milton Waldman, but was turned down again, because he felt they were too long.
- 19 - Simon Cadell, voice actor who portrayed Celeborn in the The Lord of the Rings 1981 radio series is born.
- 4 - John Vickery, who would play several roles in The Lord of the Rings (1979 radio series), is born.
- 22 - Artist David T. Wenzel is born.
- ? - Artist Roger Garland is born.
1947 1948 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953