- Internal pages:
- External Wikipedia pages:
I hope you enjoy editing here and we look forward to your future edits. By the way, you can sign your name on Talk and vote pages using three tildes, like this: ~~~. Four tildes (~~~~) produces your name and the current date. If you have any questions, see the help pages, add a question to the Council forums or ask me on my talk page. Keep up the great work!
Hi Grace18, I'm just here to say sorry about my accidental edit of Huan. I was fixing some grammatical errors when the entire page just blanked...I'm not even sure what happened. Thank you for fixing it. - Ancalagon the Black 19:31, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
- No worries! It was just a mistake, and an easy fix for me to undo. I'm still figuring out the system myself, so I completely understand. I don't know what caused the page to blank, but if you hit preview before you finalize it, it will show you what the edited page will look like, and if it does something weird, I would just hit cancel unless you can figure out what the problem is. --Grace18 19:50, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
- I will make sure to do that every time I'm editing from now on. Thank you! - Ancalagon the Black 20:11, 26 October 2020 (UTC)
About your questions
- If you are not sure if a template should be removed, ask it in the talkpage, but if you think you have done a good work and everything is according to the MoS, just do it: if others disagree they will notice. We need to clean up a little, those ugly templates are applied everywhere.
- We should define better how to standardise History sections. Definitely, The Children of Húrin is better matter to be used in the History sections, as it is more detailed, while the edition of The Silmarillion can be discussed in OVOTL.
- Like any article, if the info is not much, it's not worth to create a History section, but if we include one, the intro is supposed to be a little summary.
--LorenzoCB 09:43, 23 December 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you so much! I sometimes feel bad bothering other users with questions, I really appreciate you taking the time to look at those. That clears some things up for me. Thank you!
- --Grace18 18:52, 23 December 2020 (UTC)
- You can also write that kind of questions in the own talk page of the page you have doubts of. Feel free to ask me anything. Btw, thank you very much for revising the Christianity article. --LorenzoCB 22:46, 23 December 2020 (UTC)
About your first question
Hello Grace18, I am also an American high school student. As to the questions about the 50th-anniversary editions, there are indeed both a 3-volume and a 1-volume version, but that's the only part of that question I can answer. I own the 3-volume 50th-anniversary edition, and my dad owns a one-volume edition, but I don't know what version it is because he won't let me touch it, haha. So all that to say I'm afraid I can't help you with the page number part of your question, but feel free to bug me with any other questions you want. I don't mind a bit. --Holdwine Meriadoc (Talk/Contribs/Edits), 04:13, 25 December 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you for the information! I have an old, crumbling paperback one-volume set that is technically my parents, but I have permanently "borrowed" (it lives in my room now, and no one else uses it). It's certainly not the 50th-anniversary edition; it seems to be some other random version that I can't figure out. I've been looking into getting the 50th-anniversary edition, but had no clue what to look for. Any advice helps, much appreciated! --Grace18 05:21, 25 December 2020 (UTC)
Congratulations.You made your first edit on Tolkien Gateway.
OK, thanks for the resource! --Erónèhire 17:21, 24 February 2021 (UTC)
We might not need this page, all I did was "Adopt" it. It was an Orphaned Page. It would be fine to delete it, but I would think we should enhance the details of Beren's reason for his name. —Unsigned comment by Erónèhire (talk • contribs).
- I was just wondering about it, because recently we have been working to redirect articles with "Other names" of the characters to the character's page and making sure the information is included there. But I wasn't sure whether One-handed counted as another name. We need the information, I'm just not sure where. Thanks for your work on the wiki! --Grace18 13:52, 12 March 2021 (UTC)