Seeing how the generic "Elves" infobox now includes "people" section (for example: Solosimpi, Teleri (Vanyar), etc.), I was wondering if that same principle can be applied to other generic infoboxes, such as "Men", or "Northmen" infoboxes.
Also, I believe the "Gnome" infobox is redundant, since the Gnomes can be included under the "peoples" section of the "Elves" infobox, in a similar vein as, say, the Solosimpi. The same goes for the Ilkorins, Avari, etc.
Additionally, I propose the creation of the "Easterlings (First Age)" infobox...if not, then you can put them under the same "peoples" section of the "Men" infobox. --IvarTheBoneless 09:23, 4 November 2020 (UTC)
- Yep, the Gnomes infobox was made before the Elves one included the people section. However, don't you think it's useful to have a correlation with the Noldor infobox, having the same colors? Specially when we have more Gnomes than any other early race.
- I think that creating just an Easterling (First Age) infobox would be fine, as reworking the Men infobox would imply applying that simplification everywhere. But those are my opinions on your comments, Mith has to decide. --LorenzoCB 10:02, 4 September 2020 (UTC)
- Concerning the Gnome infobox, I just think it is a manner of consistency. On the other hand, maybe it would be a better idea to create infoboxes for Solosimpi and Teleri (BoLT), in the same vein as the infoboxes for the Falmari and the Vanyar.
- As an aside, what about the characters like, say, Ilinsor, Silmo, Telimektar, Nieliqui, etc., that have the "Valar" infobox. --IvarTheBoneless 10:44, 4 September 2020 (UTC)
- Unlike the Gnomes, there are only a few Sololimpi and Teleri articles, so I'm not sure it's worth it, although it is true that the visual similarity is a good point.
- About the early Valar, the term already existed in the BoLT, so it is fine. --LorenzoCB 11:11, 4 September 2020 (UTC)
- True about the Valar, but it still bothers me that these lesser beings are mingled among the Valar of the later legendarium.
- Also, I think that both the BoLT "Valar", and the Gnome infobox (which is indistinguishable from the "Noldor" infobox) might confuse the casual visitor to this site. --IvarTheBoneless 12:26, 4 September 2020 (UTC)
- Cf. here about a discussion about it, I believe the Gnome infobox is now defunct, so the vanilla Elf infobox should now be used for characters from older Elf tribes.
- I think its up to the admins to alter the Men infobox. Gaetano 08:07, 5 September 2020 (UTC)