Revision as of 17:21, 16 December 2014 by Mith
Events that occurred on 25 September.
 On Earth
- 1915 - The Big Four of the T.C.B.S. - Tolkien, Smith, Wiseman and Gilson - have their last meeting.
- 1927 - Producer and interviewer Denys Gueroult is born.
- 1931 - Voice actor Peter Woodthorpe is born.
- 1954 - J.R.R. Tolkien writes Letter 154.
- 1963 - Actor Mikael Persbrandt is born.
- 1977 - Oxonmoot 1977 at The Welsh Poney.
- 1977 - William Carter publishes "The filial duty of Christopher Tolkien" in Sunday Times Magazine.
- 1981 - Oxonmoot 1981 at The Turf Tavern.
- 1982 - Oxonmoot 1982 at the Cotswold Lodge Hotel.
- 1982 - The eleventh episode of the new version of the 1981 radio series of The Lord of the Rings is aired on BBC Radio 4.
- 1983 - Oxonmoot 1983 at Oxford Town Hall.
- 1987 - Oxonmoot 1987 at Oxford Town Hall.
- 1988 - Oxonmoot 1988 at Oxford Town Hall.
- 1998 - Oxonmoot 1998 at Exeter College.
- 1999 - Author Marion Zimmer Bradley dies.
- 1999 - Oxonmoot 1999 at Exeter College.
- 2008 - Oxonmoot 2008 at Christ Church.
- 2009 - Oxonmoot 2009 at Lady Margaret Hall.
- 2010 - Oxonmoot 2010 at Lady Margaret Hall.
- 2010 - Lasse Lanta Autumn Meeting of the Austrian Tolkien Society.
- 2011 - Oxonmoot 2011 at Lady Margaret Hall.
 In Arda
- T.A. 3018:
- The Hobbits reach Farmer Maggot's estates in the afternoon; they meet Merry near the Ferry and Crickhollow in the night.
- Frodo reveals them his plans but they are already known. In the night he dreams about the trees of the Old Forest.
- Gandalf hurries towards The Shire on Shadowfax.
- Boromir travels towards Rivendell to ask for counsel.