Revision as of 17:38, 3 April 2011 by Mith
Events which occurred on 24 August.
- 1951 - Author Orson Scott Card born.
- 1973 - Grey DeLisle, who would voice various parts in the 2003 video game of The Hobbit, is born.
- 1974 - Mythcon V.
- 1992 - Tolkien Centenary Conference, a combination of Oxonmoot and Mythcon.
- 1998 - CarolinaCon Regional MECCG Newsletter issue 2 is published.
- 2006 - The Oxford Tolkien Conference.
- 2007 - The tenth book of The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar, The City of Kings, is released in Europe.