Revision as of 21:25, 21 September 2019 by Mith
- 16 - Anthony Kenny is born.
- 26 - Leonard Nimoy, who would reach cult status both as Dr. Spock and with The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins, is born.
- 14 - Robert Stephens, who would voice Aragorn in the radio series of The Lord of the Rings, is born.
- 12 - Ian Holm, who would voice Frodo Baggins in the BBC radio adaptation and play Bilbo Baggins in The Lord of the Rings (film series), is born.
- 19 - C.S. Lewis invited J.R.R. Tolkien and Hugo Dyson to dine with him in Magdalen. A conversation followed that ran until 4 a.m. the following morning that was essential to Lewis's conversion to Christianity.
- 25 - Peter Woodthorpe, who would voice Gollum in both The Lord of the Rings (1978 film), and The Lord of the Rings 1981 radio series, is born.
- ? - J.R.R. Tolkien abandons The Lay of Leithian and sends it to C.S. Lewis for review.
- 15 - J.R.R. Tolkien's poem "Progress in Bimble Town" is published in The Oxford Magazine.
- 30 - J.R.R. Tolkien is appointed supervisor for B.Litt student A.F. Colborn.
- 31 - Father Christmas writes a letter to J.R.R. Tolkien's children.
- ? - Artist Angus McBride is born.
1928 1929 1930 1931 1932 1933 1934